Hey there guys,
not much going on this week except for the impending doom of my Authorship paper next week... but besides that most is cool. Managed to find some time in between my studies today to let those creative juices get working and decided, well since that muslim feminist group made a muslim mermaid... well, why not I make a Pan Asian one! So I called up my friend and spoke to him and I was all like
Me: Hey bro, remember those pics you took scuba-diving in Redang last year?
Friend: yeah...
Me: Could you like send some of them over?
Friend: Sure, but why?
Me: Nah nothing much, coming up with another mermaid...
Anyway just in case you hadn't guessed yet I was wondering what sort of fish to cross a Pan-Asian mermaid with, I mean...trout, mackeral and tuna are a little too common - and more reminiscent of the Western Ariel and her ilk... and at first I was actually going to settle on a half-octopus mermaid (kinda like Ursula) you know... because Pan-Asians seem to love eating dried squid a lot... but eventually I decided on a lion-fish mermaid...
yeah I know the lion-fish mermaid motif is sort of been done before but I still thought that it would be the best to kind of give off this vibe of regality. Also I was trying to give her a look that was decidedly Asian and opted to present her in the somewhat iconic figure of the over-the-top Traditional Chinese Opera performer. Her hair, and pose was drawn from those of Tennyo paintings in japan. . Anyway, here she is The Princess of The South China Seas.
So, what do you think?
Anyway speaking of cool things, there is a chance...just a chance mind you that I might be going to Korea in August... all expenses paid for!!! Its actually for a conference and I've been shortlisted to represent Monash University there... what an honor!!! Keeping both fingers crossed!
~ And that's how Cyren "C"s it. ~


