Hey there my fabulous readers!!!
So like I had no idea how much I have come to neglect my art work until I got a comment on facebook asking me why I hadn't updated my "Art Gallery" album in such a long time. Well, many reasons of course but I suppose the main reason would be laziness. Anyway I finally had some time to myself - how ironic considering I'm smack dab in the middle of exams, the International Conference and the Chiang Mai exhibition - so I came up with this.


The Statue of the Little Mermaid in Coppenhagen Harbor in Denmark which was modelled after the sculptor's own wife... yeah... so I bet it was all like
Sculptor: Hey honey, you know what... I find you soo hot naked... why don't I sculpt you as a mermaid and parade your body on the Coppenhagen Harbor?
yeah... well I guess the neighbourhood pervert didn't have to imagine her naked...
Anyway some other interesting thing about the statue, apparently the poor mermaid didn't just have to suffer in the story (in the original version the prince marries another woman and she dies because she loves him too much and cannot kill him to restore her tail) her physical reincarnation has had its head chopped off, been splashed with paint, hacked off the rock, stolen, and even dressed in a hijab and a burka by a muslim feminist group!
Eventually of course the Danish government got fed up with these acts of vandalism and they eventually replaced the original mermaid with a replica to prevent further torment on the poor lady. However, word has it that the mermaid will be making another apppearance soon, and that is in the World Summit in China, which you can read about here if ure interested.
I wonder what the author of The Little Mermaid, Andersen is thinking about all this?
So come follow me
where the manatees swim free
down under the golden sea~
Cyren out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


