West Side Story
Dear readers,
As self-titled enthusiast of the theatrical arts I am quite dissapointed with myself that I missed the performance of West Side Story in Kuala Lumpur by the original broadway cast, even more so now that I hear that it was a billion times better than Mamma Mia!!!!! Okay, I will admit, I was never a big fan of West Side Story's storyline, but ever since doing America - which is a song the immigrants sing about the country, a sort of debate between the girls who love to be in America, and the boys who are a bit more cynical and pessimistic - and Tonight - the love song - for our high-school musical production of Broadway Extraordinairre, I've been in love with the songs!!!
Anyway as a small consolation to myself I decided to cover the song Maria from the musical and I know there's a lot to live up to in terms of vocals (who am I kidding, I'm nowhere near Broadway quality) so please, those of you who managed to catch the musical, be merciful with your comments. Anyway I love this song because, while America is full of fun and joy, this song is full of emotion of a different kind, the kind that is soo intense when you see the person you love that it is almost sad and painful when they leave. Anyway here it is ~ Maria ~
~ I'll get a terrece apartment!
Better get rid of your accent~


