Hey there my awesome readers!!!!
Okay so remember how we talked about Australian animals and their funny Australian names? Well yeah I must say that my favourite Australian animal is the budgerigar, these small cute parakeets are oh so loveable and come in a variety of different shades and colours and as you may, or may not know, I myself am a proud owner of four beautiful budgerigars, two of which managed to find their into my house (that's right, two of these Australian birds just flew into my garden and did not leave... go figure!)
Anyway, fair warning, this post is going to be a SUPER LONG picture/video post about my pets.

This is Tweety, he was the first bird that flew into our house. I found him upon returning home from uni and since it was wet and raining, I took him in where he has stayed ever since.
But Tweety was very lonely when I wasn't around, I used to turn the radio on for him when I left for my classes but then felt like it would be quite unhealthy if he started developing a relationship with the radio since parrakeets, by nature are very social animals. To remedy this, I went out and bought another bird. My mom named her Polly.
They got along almost immediately!!!
However that wasn't to be the end of my encounters with random birds flying into my house because earlier this year, almost one year from when Tweety first came, yet another bird sought refuge with me and the strange thing is, this also happened while I was in uni. Upon returning home from her shopping outing my mom found this one perched on top of the cage Tweety and Polly was in. It was so tame in fact, she just left it there and there it stayed until I came back and decided to take her in as well. I had just lost my Itouch that week and having her around was like a blessed distraction so I named her Angel.
Even for a bird she had very expressive eyes. Just look at that quizzical expression.
I must say, my bond with Angel grew to be closest between me and all my birds.
But then again, my companionship was becoming only a temporary solution. I still had classes to attend to in the day, rehearsals in the evening, research at night and Angel was getting pretty lonely especially since she has to watch Tweety and Polly be intimate with each other all day so one day, even with the knowledge that Angel would probably not be as close to me after I did this, I got her a companion, a small, bright blue budgerigar which I later named Sparkles.
Unlike my other birds though, Sparkles is the most antisocial, being prone to scratching and biting (ME!!!) so naturally, and as expected when I put her together with Angel, Angel began to distant herself from me at the sufference of Sparkles approval/dissaproval. However, a lot has happened, since then. Tweety and Polly had a falling out and don't live with each other anymore, Angel and Sparkles exchanged cage-mates and settled down fine although, Angel is a little bit reluctant to get really close with Tweety, and I suppose life goes on in bird-world as it does here.
But hey, I promised ya'll a video of budgies, so here it is, a video of budgies...
Aren't they just ADORABLE???? Okay admittedly they're quite disgusting when they're naked and blind... but then again... so are human babies... :X
Feed the birds
tuppence a bag.
Tuppence! Tuppence!
Tuppence a bag!
Feed the birds
That's what she cries
while overheard
her birds will the skies.
UP, UP and AWAY!!!!!!!!


