Photographing Fairies

This particular series of photographs was something I did that was inspired by the hype surrounding the Cottingley Fairy Photographs that took the world by storm a long time ago. Of course the girls have long sinced came forward to declare that all (except one) of their photographs were hoaxes, but yet the very hope that had existed, and also the hope that some still cling to that there could be a magical world out there, living, invisible but on the borders of our own world was exactly what I was trying to capture when I replicated these fairy photographs.



*Click HERE to view the rest of the prints*

This particular series of photographs was something I did that was inspired by the hype surrounding the Cottingley Fairy Photographs that took the world by storm a long time ago. Of course the girls have long sinced came forward to declare that all (except one) of their photographs were hoaxes, but yet the very hope that had existed, and also the hope that some still cling to that there could be a magical world out there, living, invisible but on the borders of our own world was exactly what I was trying to capture when I replicated these fairy photographs.



*Click HERE to view the rest of the prints*
Note, I don't normally do photography and I just used a regular digital camera so constructive feedback from you real photographers out there is much appreciated.


