Hey there my awesome readers
So I have been slacking a little bit here but with good reason~ You know how they say that if you dream and hope strong enough your dreams will come true? Well guess, what one of my dreams was to be in a Disney Feature and well, next week they will finally be realised when I sing as Aladdin alongside Ariel for a promotional event.
Now the full story of the feature piece we're doing is a little bit different from the classical story, think of it more as a medley that combines the best of the Disney Classics into one coherent performance. Anyway without divulging too much of the details, my portion of the story takes place many years before Ariel met Eric and Aladdin met Jasmine, Princess Ariel is singing on the rocks when Aladdin spots her and decides to take her on a magic carpet ride. As you can imagine it has just been hectic with costume fitting and rehearsals
The Ariel costume was actually home-made, we got pieces of cloth and came up with a tail that was easy to put on and take off...what we didn't think about though, was how Ariel was going to get around (she can't walk in that!) As it is, I will be carrying her to wherever she needs to go (YES I've been working out for that! But she's really light so its cool)
As for my Aladdin costume, we eventually gave up making one on our own and rented it from Abracadabra Costumes which had pretty decent prices I think. It was actually an Indian outfit (not a Arabian outfit) but then again, I thought a LOT of things in Disney's Aladdin was more Indian than anything else so we decided on this one. 
And here we are in full costume~ (ps. Miss Tam felt a bit insecure wearing nothing but a shell-bra so we opted instead for a flesh-coloured chemisole that looks almost white in this picture)
Anyway before I sign off, I've got a little something extra for all of you. A video taken from our rehearsals today. Would like to apologize before hand for some bad bits and sound quality.
A whole new world ~
That's where we'll be
A thrilling chase
A wondrous place~
For you and me...


