Akash, who knows me as Caryn's Hippy Friend once told me "I always think of you dancing your way through the halls and corridors of Taylors College." Well, he was wrong because...I'll admit it here...I'm really not that much of a dancer. Now, moving whilst singing I can do. Just not much on the fancy footwork and body gyrations, especially what with the fancy stuffs they're comin' up with nowadays.
Matthew, an old friend of mine said something similar. "When you're happy, I always think that you are going to pick up a broom and burst into random song and a whole crowd of people will appear out of nowhere to sing with you!" now he's hit me right on the button! Now, although I don't actually burst into random song and dance with brooms and mops in a display that can only be categorised as a broadway extravaganza, I sure as hell picture myself doing it in my mind which, is a good thing considering how happy I am this year because of all the awesome performances I've got lined up this semester alone!
Now, granted, they may not be big, but the idea of bursting out in song and dance (songs from the 70s to the present, culminating in a High School Musical Number) in the cafeteria as a method of promoting the Monash Performing Arts Club is perhaps as close to my fantasy as it's ever going to get. Think of that scene, from Grease 2, when everyone sang in the parking lot, or (if you must at the risk of sounding like a frickin' teenybopper) the part of High School Musical 3, when Sharpay and Ryan did their very cute number.
ps. is it just me or does Ashley Tisdale look a LOT like Gwen Stefani in this get-up?The second best thing, so far, would be of course my performance for Hostelites Night with Victor. Though I don't have as much to say about that, I think, that with enough rehearsals it could prove to be a good opportunity to get my name out there a bit maybe.
Anyways, that's all I've got for ya'll today, as you can see I have become (as Nanny Fine would put it) a yanter? yenter? Oh...you get the point.
PEACE OUT


