Tele Blues
Hey ya'll,
I don't know what's even more sadder, the fact that I just watched the last episode of my favourite television sitcom, or the fact that I'm even sad that I have watched the last episode of my favourite television sitcom. You know, I never would have believed it, but when I watched the lights dim on what would be the final episode of a television series (which had ended several years ago although I'm only watching it now!) I couldn't help but experience a sense of heaviness inside of me, almost like a part of my own life is coming to an end...which is partially true because now I'll have to search and download new episodes of a new series to keep myself occupied at night (which is probably another reason for me to be sad!)
You know, this is just the sort of thing I was trying to avoid when I took up Contemporary Television Studies last semester. Well, apparently knowledge isn't power...not when it comes to sitcoms! Well at least I've still got The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to content with.
Gracie: Fran, how much older than me are you?
Fran: Let me put it this way...when you're 20, I'll be 40, when you're 30, I'll be 40, when you're 40, you'll understand why I'm still 40.
It's the new math; learn it.
PEACE OUT
Hey ya'll,
I don't know what's even more sadder, the fact that I just watched the last episode of my favourite television sitcom, or the fact that I'm even sad that I have watched the last episode of my favourite television sitcom. You know, I never would have believed it, but when I watched the lights dim on what would be the final episode of a television series (which had ended several years ago although I'm only watching it now!) I couldn't help but experience a sense of heaviness inside of me, almost like a part of my own life is coming to an end...which is partially true because now I'll have to search and download new episodes of a new series to keep myself occupied at night (which is probably another reason for me to be sad!)
You know, this is just the sort of thing I was trying to avoid when I took up Contemporary Television Studies last semester. Well, apparently knowledge isn't power...not when it comes to sitcoms! Well at least I've still got The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to content with.
Gracie: Fran, how much older than me are you?Fran: Let me put it this way...when you're 20, I'll be 40, when you're 30, I'll be 40, when you're 40, you'll understand why I'm still 40.
It's the new math; learn it.
PEACE OUT


