Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~CREDITS~

~Background, concept and editing - Cyren Wong

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~Model - Cyren Wong

~Photography
...Stranded Verses


...Yet, do thy worst, old Time: despite thy wrong,
my love shall in my verse ever live young.

William Shakespeare

...Ads by NUFFNANG, Click if they catch your eye





...I'm feeling Happy - My mood represented by NUFFNANG


Myspace Cursors @ JellyMuffin.comMyspace Layouts & cursors

Tweet Me

STAGEOGRAPHY


Fanny The Frivolous Flapper (2003) high school performance - Biff Bang

The Phantom of The Opera (2005) high school performance - Andre

Broadway Extraordinaire (2006) high school performance - Danny from Grease

A Petaling Street Love Story: The Malaysian Musical (2007) - Eric

A Visage of Lies (2008) - Abraham Mordecai

In Pursuit of Happiness (2009) - Alan Hemley

Hairspray: Broadway's Big Fat Musical (2010) - Corny Collins

M.P.A.C~Dreams Come True (2010) - Prince Aladdin

................................
Contact Me about my work or anything else
cyrenwong89@gmail.com

Say something to me





In The Past


  • Tensions and ExpectationsCrossed cutlery constantl...
  • Writer's Blockis just like constipation.Be it unch...
  • WhineHey ya'llExcuse me, today I wanted to write a...
  • Cyren's Web!Hey ya'llfor the past I-don't-know-how...
  • Undergrad-school MusicalAkash, who knows me as Car...
  • Tele BluesHey ya'll,I don't know what's even more ...
  • Flight's CancelledHey ya'llLooks like my outback a...
  • I heart DollyHey ya'llI know I haven't been updati...
  • 68 days and countingIt's been 68 days and counting...
  • Ink not MinkAmi James (Miami Ink) in support of PE...

  • Old Stuff


  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010

  • Visitors


    Locations of visitors to this page

    Butterflies and Insects blog




    Miracles of Nature

    Blue Snow Garden

    Fellow Writers and Literature Buffs



    Bagus 'LV' Bags

    Terri bo Berri


    Words of the World



    Aaron

    Alex Hooi

    Alyssa

    Anis

    Beverly my Royal Badminton Hogger Buddy!

    BORIS

    Cheryl

    Chris

    Christine's personal thoughts- In Japanese

    Christine's serious reflections - In English

    Daryl

    David

    Donna

    Elicia

    Greenman

    Jason Loh

    JLean

    Johann

    JOSM

    Ju En

    Justin

    Kaptain K

    KL (Sis's BF)

    Lim Pek (

    Mellie

    Nicole

    Qing (sis)

    Riko

    Roshann

    Rufimy

    Sarah

    Sarah C

    Sofie

    TARRANT *are you happy now?

    TERRI the Empress of all that is RANDOM

    Tim

    XL

    WeiHao

    XJion89

    Kling Kling


    Monday, March 23, 2009
    // 6:38 PM

    The Small-stage vs. The Theatre


    Some moments in life, make you behave the way you don't normally do. Like when I got on to the makeshift stage not three days ago and sang for the Hostelites Dinner party. The first thing I realised, was how "small" I felt in comparison with the other performers there. I suppose it really shows how much I have changed since my days in the theatre. I cannot explain it, but somehow, I was truly humbled to be there, in the presence of a whole bunch of people who were obviously more experienced than I was.

    My fingers felt cold, my knees trembled, and my throat developed all of a sudden that signature sort of dryness that usually heralds the beginnings of stage-anxiety. The only difference was this time, it wasn't going away. But still, I daresay I put my best foot forward, and sang to my better capabilities.

    And even when the crowd cheered, or clapped along, I was aware, constantly of the background noises. The people eating their food on each table, Vibha's "almost-smile" on my left, Bagus somewhere in the crowd, and the guy shuffling cards on the right. The thing about performing at a dinner event, is that there are bound to be people who are so absorbed in something else. In that moment I realised the difference between the small stage and theatre and the reality of it all jarred me for a moment.

    I would not know about what the audiences saw, but judging from how I felt before the show, I would say that Victor on guitar seemed the one who was more seasoned on the small-stage than I was, but perhaps it was my background in the theatre that made the change all the more apparent and jarring. Still, I daresay that it was an extremely interesting form of performance and the true challenge, I am pushing myself to right now, is to be so good that people cannot help but to look up from their food and listen to me sing.

    I know you listen to music with your ears, not your eyes, but it would be great all the same.

    Sometimes I can't help but feel that all my experience, all the times I was told I'm a star, everything that I had grown up with and had come to believe about myself, had all ammounted up to nothing.

    "...as she became grown up, she wasn't so sure. I don't know why grown ups don't believe what they did when they were kids. I mean, aren't they supposed to be smarter? What Mahoney needed was the opportunity to prove to herself that she was something more than she believed. "
    Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.


    PEACE OUT
    3 comments