Cyren's Web!

Hey ya'll
for the past I-don't-know-how-long-but-it-sure-is-long years, I have not smushed a spider, nor have I torn down a spider web, and after today, I think I have good reason not to do so for the rest of my life. Well, firstly, of course because they are extremely useful and to clean them off my ceiling would be both cruel and a lot of hard work. Secondly of course, I now have experience weaving a web first hand and boy can I tell you IT IS TOUGH WORK!!!
Contrary to popular belief and stupid cartoon representations, weaving a proper web is absolutely NOTHING like knitting. Granted, both involve rather monotonous techniques...crafting a web requires more than a simple knit and purl. There is, of course the matter of sticky fingers to deal with...and of course one has to maintain the right ammount of tension so as to obtain a uniform and beautiful symetric pattern...also, the web has to be rather tight and not all loopy and loose, otherwise it would defeat the purpose.
How do I know this? Because I have taken up the sacred Native American art of weaving dream-catcher webs and, to be honest, I don't think there's anything that I can do that could make me look and feel more like a spider! Well. I gave it my best shot and my web is still looking rather lopsided...now I don't know about you but I don't think this web is catching too many dreams anytime soon. Half of them would probably just drift right on through the sparse side.

But seriously, try it out for yourself...perhaps it could give you a different perspective into a little spider's life? Or maybe just another excuse to not bother with dusting.
PEACE OUT

Hey ya'll
for the past I-don't-know-how-long-but-it-sure-is-long years, I have not smushed a spider, nor have I torn down a spider web, and after today, I think I have good reason not to do so for the rest of my life. Well, firstly, of course because they are extremely useful and to clean them off my ceiling would be both cruel and a lot of hard work. Secondly of course, I now have experience weaving a web first hand and boy can I tell you IT IS TOUGH WORK!!!
Contrary to popular belief and stupid cartoon representations, weaving a proper web is absolutely NOTHING like knitting. Granted, both involve rather monotonous techniques...crafting a web requires more than a simple knit and purl. There is, of course the matter of sticky fingers to deal with...and of course one has to maintain the right ammount of tension so as to obtain a uniform and beautiful symetric pattern...also, the web has to be rather tight and not all loopy and loose, otherwise it would defeat the purpose.
How do I know this? Because I have taken up the sacred Native American art of weaving dream-catcher webs and, to be honest, I don't think there's anything that I can do that could make me look and feel more like a spider! Well. I gave it my best shot and my web is still looking rather lopsided...now I don't know about you but I don't think this web is catching too many dreams anytime soon. Half of them would probably just drift right on through the sparse side.

But seriously, try it out for yourself...perhaps it could give you a different perspective into a little spider's life? Or maybe just another excuse to not bother with dusting.
PEACE OUT


