Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~CREDITS~

~Background, concept and editing - Cyren Wong

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~Model - Cyren Wong

~Photography
...Stranded Verses


...Yet, do thy worst, old Time: despite thy wrong,
my love shall in my verse ever live young.

William Shakespeare

...Ads by NUFFNANG, Click if they catch your eye





...I'm feeling Happy - My mood represented by NUFFNANG


Myspace Cursors @ JellyMuffin.comMyspace Layouts & cursors

Tweet Me

STAGEOGRAPHY


Fanny The Frivolous Flapper (2003) high school performance - Biff Bang

The Phantom of The Opera (2005) high school performance - Andre

Broadway Extraordinaire (2006) high school performance - Danny from Grease

A Petaling Street Love Story: The Malaysian Musical (2007) - Eric

A Visage of Lies (2008) - Abraham Mordecai

In Pursuit of Happiness (2009) - Alan Hemley

Hairspray: Broadway's Big Fat Musical (2010) - Corny Collins

M.P.A.C~Dreams Come True (2010) - Prince Aladdin

................................
Contact Me about my work or anything else
cyrenwong89@gmail.com

Say something to me





In The Past


  • FuneralSomeone I know died yesterday. Why don't I ...
  • Ant FoodWhen I was in kindergarten, I once ate an ...
  • Balloons! Hey ya'llHad an awesome day today! Watc...
  • BirdsA piece of art from my "Pages of Nostalgia" ...
  • ValerieI remember how the meaning of words began t...
  • My Generation Baby
  • All You Need Is L.O.V.E (August 14th 2009)This one...
  • I think, therefore I amThe very idea that our very...
  • How Tweety joined our familyThis afternoon as I wa...
  • We got power failure!!! Hey ya'llYesterday night, ...

  • Old Stuff


  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010

  • Visitors


    Locations of visitors to this page

    Butterflies and Insects blog




    Miracles of Nature

    Blue Snow Garden

    Fellow Writers and Literature Buffs



    Bagus 'LV' Bags

    Terri bo Berri


    Words of the World



    Aaron

    Alex Hooi

    Alyssa

    Anis

    Beverly my Royal Badminton Hogger Buddy!

    BORIS

    Cheryl

    Chris

    Christine's personal thoughts- In Japanese

    Christine's serious reflections - In English

    Daryl

    David

    Donna

    Elicia

    Greenman

    Jason Loh

    JLean

    Johann

    JOSM

    Ju En

    Justin

    Kaptain K

    KL (Sis's BF)

    Lim Pek (

    Mellie

    Nicole

    Qing (sis)

    Riko

    Roshann

    Rufimy

    Sarah

    Sarah C

    Sofie

    TARRANT *are you happy now?

    TERRI the Empress of all that is RANDOM

    Tim

    XL

    WeiHao

    XJion89

    Kling Kling


    Saturday, September 12, 2009
    // 10:19 AM

    Pages of Nostalgia4: Sneil.


    This is the last in my series



    Of all my silly little childhood fancies, there's only one which I have retained till this day!

    What is memory?

    I say this in regards to the series of art-pieces I have posted within the past week or so.
    Pages of Nostalgia was meant to be a series of collages, drawings and sketches that were inspired by specific memories from my childhood and past. And since this piece is the last, I suppose it is only prudent that I conclude with a little discussion on memory.

    I suppose we can look at memory in terms of history as well. History is memory, public memory, and it is supposed to be real. But do we ever stop to think about history, who wrote it, for instance. Version of the Victors aside, history if you really come down to it, was written by a person. Now, what if - let's just say - this person were to have written history differently. What if he thought that the actual events were too boring and added in a little spice here and there to jazz things up. What if that had happened. Would it make history any less real? Would history then stop serving its purpose as a public memory? And then, if that happened, what would become of your roots? Would you be someone without a past? Someone whose identity was built upon, essentially nothing?

    But then on the other hand, perhaps there is no such thing as a one, true memory. After all, even when we transpose incidents live say I were to write about something as, and when it happened to me, we would tend to leave out details. Forget stuff. Omit others. Sometimes we'd be tempted to skew things a little. And perhaps all this happened by accident. But as long as no one knows the difference, as long as no one can contest to it. Would it make your memory any less real?

    Pages of Nostalgia are supposed to be part of my own memory. A memory of my childhood days. But at the same time, I cannot vouch for their accuracy. I cannot persist at their realness. Because at the end of the day it is a story. I story I wrote in my mind the first time I experienced it. A story I planned out as I scripted the draft. A story that was then translated into paper. But it is a story nonetheless.

    I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that memory is a story. History is memory. And because none of us can relive memory, cannot go back to that particular point in time and include anything we may have unintentionally omitted - There are no single truths, but merely different versions of it.


    PEACE OUT
    1 comments