Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~CREDITS~

~Background, concept and editing - Cyren Wong

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

~Model - Cyren Wong

~Photography
...Stranded Verses


...Yet, do thy worst, old Time: despite thy wrong,
my love shall in my verse ever live young.

William Shakespeare

...Ads by NUFFNANG, Click if they catch your eye





...I'm feeling Happy - My mood represented by NUFFNANG


Myspace Cursors @ JellyMuffin.comMyspace Layouts & cursors

Tweet Me

STAGEOGRAPHY


Fanny The Frivolous Flapper (2003) high school performance - Biff Bang

The Phantom of The Opera (2005) high school performance - Andre

Broadway Extraordinaire (2006) high school performance - Danny from Grease

A Petaling Street Love Story: The Malaysian Musical (2007) - Eric

A Visage of Lies (2008) - Abraham Mordecai

In Pursuit of Happiness (2009) - Alan Hemley

Hairspray: Broadway's Big Fat Musical (2010) - Corny Collins

M.P.A.C~Dreams Come True (2010) - Prince Aladdin

................................
Contact Me about my work or anything else
cyrenwong89@gmail.com

Say something to me





In The Past


  • We got power failure!!! Hey ya'llYesterday night, ...
  • The Beginner's Guide to AuditionsClammy hands, jit...
  • Flower SpiritsHey ya'llGotta keep those creative j...
  • The Widowby Cyren, A. Wong.Her little heart thumpe...
  • The Remains of The DayOkay, for all those of ya'll...
  • The Purpose of BelongingHey ya'llThere's been this...
  • LOST FOR WORDS!!!You know,There are some times whe...
  • I'm back baby!Ugh, I do apologize for my untimely ...
  • BBQ @ BangsarHey ya'llThis is basically to show t...
  • Yeah.

  • Old Stuff


  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • April 2009
  • May 2009
  • June 2009
  • July 2009
  • August 2009
  • September 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • June 2010
  • July 2010
  • August 2010

  • Visitors


    Locations of visitors to this page

    Butterflies and Insects blog




    Miracles of Nature

    Blue Snow Garden

    Fellow Writers and Literature Buffs



    Bagus 'LV' Bags

    Terri bo Berri


    Words of the World



    Aaron

    Alex Hooi

    Alyssa

    Anis

    Beverly my Royal Badminton Hogger Buddy!

    BORIS

    Cheryl

    Chris

    Christine's personal thoughts- In Japanese

    Christine's serious reflections - In English

    Daryl

    David

    Donna

    Elicia

    Greenman

    Jason Loh

    JLean

    Johann

    JOSM

    Ju En

    Justin

    Kaptain K

    KL (Sis's BF)

    Lim Pek (

    Mellie

    Nicole

    Qing (sis)

    Riko

    Roshann

    Rufimy

    Sarah

    Sarah C

    Sofie

    TARRANT *are you happy now?

    TERRI the Empress of all that is RANDOM

    Tim

    XL

    WeiHao

    XJion89

    Kling Kling


    Monday, August 10, 2009
    // 10:15 PM

    How Tweety joined our family

    This afternoon as I was heading home, I could not help but notice that the sky was dark. "Is it raining in Bangsar?" I had asked my mom. "Yes, she said, Just drizzling." Well, that's all fine I thought as long as it doesn't start to pour on the way home. But as luck would have it, it did. The rain was quite bad to be honest and I was having difficultly seeing where I was going. Nevertheless, after about one hour of painstakingly long driving, I managed to reach home. The rain had let up by then and it was only coming down as a spray, the kind that is light, but heavy enough to "sting" the skin upon contact.

    I parked my car in the driveway and was about the check on my saplings when a brilliant flash of green caught my eye. Grasshopper! Alarms in my head screamed (I'm not too fond of those insects) but, even as I started back to the door I noticed that this flash of green was way too big to be a grasshopper, and quite colorful as well. Green, yellow and with a splash of blue. I took a closer look and to my amazement saw a small little parakeet staring up at me. Now what could this guy be doing here? I wondered. I called for our maid who came to look at it and what a commotion we must have made because a few seconds later mom came out as well.

    For awhile the three of us stood there, wondering what to do with the bird. From its feeble attempts it was quite clear that he could no longer (or could never) fly. But of course I could not just stand there any longer, while the bird got wet in the drizzle and so, lowered my hand to it and, coaxed it gently until it crept up and began to perch itself on my shoulder.

    "Alright" mom had said. "We'll take it in."

    There was a little bit of hassle at first as we could not find a cage big enough to hold the bird (for the nights when I am not around to make sure he doesn't get into any trouble!) and in the meantime I was making a long distance call to dad who is in the Phillipines at the moment. "Hello." I said, parakeet on shoulder. I was honestly quite anxious because to my knowledge dad has never been fond of birds in the house. Dogs yes, hamsters yes. But he drew a line at reptiles and birds. Ah well. "We found a lovebird in the garden. Mom and I decided that we should keep it." To my amazement he said, "okay. If you like."

    So we began to buy the necessary items. We shopped around and found a nice big cage. It came with wooden sticks to perch on and a little rope swing that he could get into if he liked. We bought seeds of all kinds and water to sustain the poor bird. Meanwhile, the parakeet pulled at my hair from its vantage point on my shoulder.

    I wondered for a moment where he came from and what he was doing in our garden. A bird that could hardly fly....this poor guy must have hopped and fluttered some considerable distance in order to reach here (as far as I know, no a single family in the entire neighbourhood has a pet bird.)

    Perhaps he was lost, perhaps he had been "released" by one of those well-meaning but misinformed people who could no longer take care of their pet. Perhaps he had a mate or a friend that he's sorely miissing. But I suppose that didn't matter. Suppose he was quite lucky that he had stumbled into my garden and instead of the jaws of one of our neighbour's cats!

    "It's okay little guy," I said. "I'll be your best friend!" The parakeet gave my ear a gentle nip in response.

    He's quite settled in right now, in his new home by my bedside. He seems to like it quite a bit because he keeps hopping back inside no matter how many times I take him out and cocks his eye at me and, sometimes offers a little chirp when I enter the room. Mom kept calling him Tweety and now that seems to be the only name he will respond to.



    PEACE OUT
    3 comments