Trinkets
by Zee bo Bee
(This is for everyone, who've ever been separated from their friends)
Trinkets, trinkets lying around in my room,
shining like diamonds, bright in the gloom,
each has a story of a thing in my life,
by Zee bo Bee
(This is for everyone, who've ever been separated from their friends)
Trinkets, trinkets lying around in my room,
shining like diamonds, bright in the gloom,
each has a story of a thing in my life,
a little tale of laughter or an anecdote of strife
Well, there's Bunny, the sock puppet under my bed,
my protecter when young, from all things I dread.
Also love letters - forgotten - from lovers long past,
but these I restashed in their envelopes; and fast!
But what's this? Ah Little Troll Doll all covered in lint,
yet whose eyes still shine with a mysterious glint!
And would you look, right beside that clump of hair;
yes, that is Huggy my dear Teddy Bear.
But amidst all the treasures and keepsakes astrew
was a plastic wrapped shoebox that immediately I knew,
that some friends and I made that when we were fourteen,
To keep us together though there be miles in between.
And so each of us put something important inside;
Well, there's Bunny, the sock puppet under my bed,
my protecter when young, from all things I dread.
Also love letters - forgotten - from lovers long past,
but these I restashed in their envelopes; and fast!
But what's this? Ah Little Troll Doll all covered in lint,
yet whose eyes still shine with a mysterious glint!
And would you look, right beside that clump of hair;
yes, that is Huggy my dear Teddy Bear.
But amidst all the treasures and keepsakes astrew
was a plastic wrapped shoebox that immediately I knew,
that some friends and I made that when we were fourteen,
To keep us together though there be miles in between.
And so each of us put something important inside;
a guitar pick, or a ticket from our first roller coaster ride.
And so many other things some big and some small
but really don't ask me, I can't remember them all.
I am tempted to open it but I stop myself, with a wince,
for though I've never seen nor heard from them since,
I'll wait until, once again we're all back together,
And so many other things some big and some small
but really don't ask me, I can't remember them all.
I am tempted to open it but I stop myself, with a wince,
for though I've never seen nor heard from them since,
I'll wait until, once again we're all back together,
after all it said on the lid; "Friends Forever"
Trinkets, trinkets lying around in my room,
shining like diamonds, bright in the gloom,
each has a story of things in my life,
a little tale of laughter or an anecdote of strife

PEACE OUT
Trinkets, trinkets lying around in my room,
shining like diamonds, bright in the gloom,
each has a story of things in my life,
a little tale of laughter or an anecdote of strife

PEACE OUT


