Hey ya'll,
Earlier, at the party, when we were toasting to our new year's wishes I raised my glass and said "next year, I wish to find love, romantic love. Someone whom I can love who will love me back!" And then I stopped, and then I laughed, becase I realised the complete and utter ambiguity of the statement.
..................................................................
Love is something we will never really understand.
To understand love, the complete entirety of it, and not merely from one aspect, would be to look at the nature of Love from a completely neutral standpoint, that is to say, without any external factors, which is, of course completely impossible considering the fact that we are all, in one way or another coming from one standpoint or the other.
In that sense, because love is nothing definite, it can also be said that love is absolutely nothing at all but a word that we use to describe a never-ending variety of emotions and situations that could take place in any context at any time of our lives.
From that perspective it is actually quite amazing to see how hollow this "love" really is. It's amazing to note how many people have cried over it, and died over it, and gave their whole lives in search of it.
But then you pull yourself back for a moment and start to think, that is love has no meaning and no form and is indeed nothing; After all, man has managed to give up completely on things that are "not real". Magic, for instance and the ways of alechemy, and even (to some extent in today's society) God. So the question remains; Why would someone go to such lengths in search for "nothing"?
And perhaps we will never have an answer and perhaps we will, but I like to think that it is simply because, unlike God or Magic, people can feel love (or rather the varying emotions/situations that classify as love for any individual) and so, love becomes to closest thing we have in the world; to Magic, to Heaven, and to Miracles.
..................................................................
Five faces stared at me questioningly, possibly thinking I had too much to drink, but of course I hadn't. I would have explained myself, of course, but perhaps some other time. Not tonight...not then anyways. So I raised my glass once more and said
"Happy New Year !"
And silently thought
"...to the ones I love"

Said the cardiologist to his girlfried; "There is absolutely nothing romantic, about a human organ!"
PEACE OUT


