Just my Luck!
Hey ya'll
There are some people, that I know, who scoff at the notion of luck. "I have no time," they would tell me, "for luck!" Everything was done by man's hand and man's own effort - or women of course - and luck was simply nothing. Now, I don't know about you but I most certainly have no time to entertain such nonsense. "Baloney!" I think to myself when they say such words. Everyone knows that life is equal parts Chance and Destiny -you can quote me on that - the two balancing forces. They are neither entirely positive nor negative, but merely two forces that work hand in hand.
Chance is where luck comes in. There are things we have to work for in life, but chance, or luck, is when providence sends things in our way. That things just fall into place with little effort or hard-to-come-by opportunities open their doors. Lately I have come to terms with myself that I have probably very little of this. If anything can go wrong with something I do...it most probably will - note, there's a difference between probably and definitely-.
I always throw salt over my left shoulder whenever I spill any - to fizz the bad-mojo-snail in it's slimy tracks before it can slither into my ear, take root in my brain and cause all kinds of bad-mojo-havock. I constantly carry upon myself an authentic four-leafed clover which I found entirely by accident on a trip to New Zealand which is probably the luckiest thing that's ever hapened ot me (if you do not count that it had one of it's leaves half eated already by an insect). I never walk under open ladders, or break mirrors, and I have a pot of rosemary at my garden gate.
I even stroke and pet the black cats before I cross their paths...just for luck.
If you think about it - and HUNDREDS of YEARS of superstitions cannot simply be wrong - I should probably be the luckiest person alive, and all I've got for my pains and efforts is a normal life. I've not become entirely lucky...but nor am I stuck with all of my bad mojo. If you think about it from a scale of -10 to 10, where -10 to 0 represents the bad luck meter and 0 to 10 represents the good luck meter, all of this has only brought me to 0, which is basically the in-between zone.
It just goes to say how much bad luck I would be harboring without. And here's where Chance connects to Destiny. I believe, you see, in things like Karma and the flow of energy as a cycle. And since I have not done anything especially evil of an especially giant magnitude in this life...it only stands to reason that I have probably accumulated all of this bad luck as discharge for my negative Karma in my past life. I have been destined, therefore, to repay my evil deeds in my past life, with this life.
The real question is...just exactly HOW evil or wicked was I in that life to have gained such a lump of bad luck in this one?
Well I suppose there's nothing to it but to live life and try not to collect anymore negative karma that might add to my already MOUNTAINOUS pile. The good thing that comes, from living with so much negative karma and bad luck is simply that, when so many things have gone wrong to you already, even the smallest success becomes a momentous occasion of celebration!
Now if only I can find my lucky horse-shoe...
Hey ya'll
There are some people, that I know, who scoff at the notion of luck. "I have no time," they would tell me, "for luck!" Everything was done by man's hand and man's own effort - or women of course - and luck was simply nothing. Now, I don't know about you but I most certainly have no time to entertain such nonsense. "Baloney!" I think to myself when they say such words. Everyone knows that life is equal parts Chance and Destiny -you can quote me on that - the two balancing forces. They are neither entirely positive nor negative, but merely two forces that work hand in hand.
Chance is where luck comes in. There are things we have to work for in life, but chance, or luck, is when providence sends things in our way. That things just fall into place with little effort or hard-to-come-by opportunities open their doors. Lately I have come to terms with myself that I have probably very little of this. If anything can go wrong with something I do...it most probably will - note, there's a difference between probably and definitely-.
I always throw salt over my left shoulder whenever I spill any - to fizz the bad-mojo-snail in it's slimy tracks before it can slither into my ear, take root in my brain and cause all kinds of bad-mojo-havock. I constantly carry upon myself an authentic four-leafed clover which I found entirely by accident on a trip to New Zealand which is probably the luckiest thing that's ever hapened ot me (if you do not count that it had one of it's leaves half eated already by an insect). I never walk under open ladders, or break mirrors, and I have a pot of rosemary at my garden gate.
I even stroke and pet the black cats before I cross their paths...just for luck.
If you think about it - and HUNDREDS of YEARS of superstitions cannot simply be wrong - I should probably be the luckiest person alive, and all I've got for my pains and efforts is a normal life. I've not become entirely lucky...but nor am I stuck with all of my bad mojo. If you think about it from a scale of -10 to 10, where -10 to 0 represents the bad luck meter and 0 to 10 represents the good luck meter, all of this has only brought me to 0, which is basically the in-between zone.
It just goes to say how much bad luck I would be harboring without. And here's where Chance connects to Destiny. I believe, you see, in things like Karma and the flow of energy as a cycle. And since I have not done anything especially evil of an especially giant magnitude in this life...it only stands to reason that I have probably accumulated all of this bad luck as discharge for my negative Karma in my past life. I have been destined, therefore, to repay my evil deeds in my past life, with this life.
The real question is...just exactly HOW evil or wicked was I in that life to have gained such a lump of bad luck in this one?
Well I suppose there's nothing to it but to live life and try not to collect anymore negative karma that might add to my already MOUNTAINOUS pile. The good thing that comes, from living with so much negative karma and bad luck is simply that, when so many things have gone wrong to you already, even the smallest success becomes a momentous occasion of celebration!
Now if only I can find my lucky horse-shoe...
PEACE OUT


