~No, it's not what you're thinking so kindly ignore the pun~
Hey ya'll
Sometimes the world is fast, and sometimes the world is slow. And sometimes, either by speed or stagnance, the world gets strong enough to overwhelm even the most resillient of men, and he finds that his thoughts of life and himself are so jumbled up that he needs to retreat for a moment into his own world, and so he heads to his private quarters and slams the door. But sometimes the room is not enough, and so, he places his hand upon the wooden frame of his wardrobe-closet, pulls the creaking door open and crawls inside.
What happens next is entirely up for question. "Does he dissappear?" you ask. "Does he magically stumble upon a snowing wood in which there live White Witches and Talking Lions?"
Well, I suppose it is possible. And perhaps it happened once. But not this time. This time, whatever happens within the closet is strictly between the man, his mind, and the small 2 by 3 space he's confined in, along with folded jeans, hung-up shirts, socks and underwear. He curls into a corner in that small space and, quite suddenly, he is feeling much better already.
...........................................................................
I have never really been afraid of closets. Even as a child, when my friends were telling stories about the "man who made faces from between their jackets" I was too buzy worrying about the "man who grabbed at my feet from under the bed!" and so I skipped the whole phase of being afraid of open closets, cupboards and wardrobes alltogether. I suppose I do shift uneasily in my bed at night when i know the closet doors are open...but only in the way I would fidget if I got to bed with my door unlocked or my windows wide open. There is a time, I believe, when a man needs to be completely shut off from the world...and that's when he's trying to get some sleep.
Anyway, I'm really into this song right now. (in case you haven't noticed, it's the one playing in the background) And instead of telling you how much it reflects what I feel right now, I'll tell you instead that I listened to it and then thought about Narnia and then thought about my own closet case ~again, ignore the pun~
The Call
Regina Spektor
It started out as a feeling
which then grew into a hope,
which then turned into a quiet thought
which then turned into a quiet word.
And then that word grew louder and louder
'till it was a battle cry
I'll come back, when you call me.
No need to say goodbye
Just because everything's changing,
doesn't mean it's never been this way before
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war.
Pick a star on the dark horizon
and follow the light
You'll come back when it's over,
No need to say goodbye.
You'll come back when it's over,
no need to say goodbye.
Now we're back to the beginning,
it's just a feeling and no one knows yet.
But just because they can't feel it too,
doesn't mean you have to forget.
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger,
'till they're before your eyes.
You'll come back when they call you,
no need to say goodbye.
You'll come back when they call you,
no need to say goodbye.

PEACE OUT


