"A man has only one way of being immortal on earth: he has to forget he is a mortal." Jean Giraudoux
Hey ya'll
Excuse my long-time (or short depending on perspective) absence, but there was something that has been bugging me and I had to give it much thought...you know, to sort things out. And now, after all is said and done, I still do not have the words to put it down. Sufficient words that is. All I have is a phrase, one that is most commonly spouted but can be intepreted, equally common, both ways.
To some it goes without saying, that is to say it comes up at the top of their minds.
To others (like my former self) it goes against everything, that is to say I rejected it completely because I believed that life is only what I make of it.
But here it is, the culmination of years of contemplation and wishful thinking summed up into one sentence:
"Immortality, and eternal youth, would be completely and utterly pointless unless I had someone to share it with...
...Or perhaps that's only because I have even more recently taught myself to want something else out of life."
At any rate, it is a question that I think everyone should ask themselves. The answer you choose can probably tell you a lot more about yourself than you realised. But by all means, take your time.
It took me at least one quarter of a decade, for me to decide that nothing else mattered if only I were immortal, another quarter to realise that immortality meant absolutely nothing without eternal youth...before coming up with this conclusion
And there's no telling that it won't change within the next decade or so, or perhaps even the next day.
It's silly really, to be so sure about anything at any point in our lives. Why, just yesterday I was still confused about where I stood.
"To be immortal is commonplace: - Except for man, all creatures are immortal, for they are ignorant of death; what is divine, terrible, incomprehensible, is to know that one is immortal." Jorge Luis BorgesPEACE OUT


