by Zee bo Bee
Should I value your life,
and place you on a leaf?
Or should I take possession of you,
and do what I please?
I am a God in your world,
as vast as the skies.
I could crush you in a heartbeat,
or tear you to shreds.
You cannot possibly imagine
my life; it is as long and
unfathomable as mine is
short and meaningless to that of angels.
Mine is life full of purpose that
you can only wonder about.
I possess such power you
could never even dream of.
But looking at you,
sitting in my palm.
Staring at me with your
black, soul-less eyes...
Do I realize that, your
life. Is as unfathomable
to me, as mine is,
to you.
"What are you thinking?"
I cannot help but wonder.
How do you sit there so
still and trusting? And why?
Can you read my mind,
do you know of my actions?
Would you have flown away
if I had vicious thoughts?
Perhaps you realize the
futility of your life, and
have surrendered to its
fathomless terms.
Or are you such a simpleton
that you cannot even begin
to understand, the direness
of your situation?
But whatever it is I
cannot cease to wonder;
why do you behave the way
you do? And what do you think?
But, more importantly,
do the Gods of my life,
too, hold me in their hands,
and I am in your position now?
But the fact remains,
that there is a butterfly on
my hand, and I have to decide
what to do with it.
Should I value its life,
and place it on a leaf?
Or should I take possession of it,
and do what I please?
I will choose the former today,
because I'm feeling generous.
But I can't help but wonder,
what if I weren't?
Is that how the Gods decide our fates?
Do they choose on whim?
Or are we less significant than the butterfly
and they don't notice us at all?
I had a butterfly in my hand,
but it has now flown away.
As it becomes smaller I wonder,
are we not really the same?

PEACE OUT


