Hey ya'll
Starting anew here. Same ol' writer, different outlook in life. Looking back on the old blogs (and I've had more than one!) I cannot help but shudder at some of the things I've written in the past. Of course, some will say that the past makes us who we are today. Others will insist that it is now who we were in the past, but what we have done. However, I've not really been inclined to believe, or follow what "Some" say. Or "others" for that matter. In fact, Im beginning to wonder
"Is it not possible, for one's life to start anew. And completely anew, without involving the past whatsoever?"
Of course, life is unlike a blog. I can simply delete my older posts and pretend I had never wrote them. In fact, once their deleted and all copies of them destroyed, it would definitely seem as though I hadn't. But life...now common sense stuffs aside, like how informal vocal lessons with my dear Phillipino Nursemaid from a young age of 4 gave me the confidence and technique I have today, or how I know how to swim now because of those lessons I took when I was 12...things like that aside, what about the more intricate things in life? Of course the two I have just mentioned are very much "physical" things in that they merely involve actions...talents...stuff like that. But what about the rest.
For instance I cant very well deny to myself and say "I have never gotten a tattoo", considering that the effects of such are very permanent and physically measurable... but what if I said something like "I have never made fun of anyone in my life!" What if I did that, and denied it so strongly that I no longer remembered all the people I've tormented in my youth...
would it really make a difference? Of course, I can go on with the rest of my life, "starting anew" so to speak, with complete disregard for past self and past selfish exploits, would it be possible? Would it no longer matter that I had, in fact made fun of...and to varying extents tormented people less fortunate than me in high school. Would it mean that all the crimes I've committed against *Denny*, all the times I've embarrassed *Jay*...all the bitching I did behind *Aisling's* back...what happens to all of that? Would they simply just dissappear? Would it not matter now, that I had turned over a new leaf.
But then of course there is the subject on the people it involved. Of course, it would be one thing for me to deny that such horrible instances ever happened...but what about *Denny*? Would he still feel vengeful for the time I played a cruel trick on his pride? Or *Jay*, when I told him to ask *Sally* out just for the pleasure of watching her reject him...or perhaps *Aisling*...but then again, I still feel *Aisling* deserved every bit of what she got...but the point is, and I repeat,
"is it really possible to start life anew, and completely disregard the past?"
A question, that I am going to aim toward all of you. Do enlighten me...to what extent can we "leave the past behind" ?.jpg)
PEACE OUT


