Hey ya'll
Here's a little something that expresses what I'm trying to say at the moment but lack the inpiration to write.
Goldfish
by Alison Cassidy
Goldfish aren't gold you know,
Goldfish aren't gold you know,
but orange
and slippery,
and slippery,
with thin frilly fins,
and eyes like marbles,
and mouths
that
YAWN
Today in the waiting room,
that
YAWN
Today in the waiting room,
I watched them
swimming.
Silently,
smoothly,
around
and around
and occasionally
kissing
swimming.
Silently,
smoothly,
around
and around
and occasionally
kissing
the glass walls
of their enclosure.
And I wondered if they were aware,
And I wondered if they were aware,
of how incredibly boring their lives were
or were they perhaps having,
and intense mystical experience?
...............................................................
And if you really think about it, that's the way things are? We're put into our world, our own little goldfish bowl, and we just live. Simply, live. We wake up, and we do what is expected of us, and we live. Of course, occasionally we may do something "unexpected" but if you think about it, how "unexpected" was it? Not much at all! It still all fell within the realm of "expectedness".
Even when the healthiest person you know suddenly gets cancer - touch wood - or your manliest guy friend suddenly goes for a sex-change operation - touch wood -, it still falls within the realm of "expectedness". Do you know what I mean?
Of course, occasionally people DO do things that are COMPLETELY unexpected. But then, they always get locked up. Thrown away, or executed. They are completely isolated and dissasociated from the rest of the goldfish bowl.
The only difference between our goldfish bowl and a "real" goldfish bowl is that there's probably no one staring at us all day, and throwing "food" in just to watch us fight each other to get at the morsels for their own sick amusement. Unless, of course, you are religious, in which case, there's always God.
Me, I'm a Nature Spiritualist. SO I believe that the goldfish bowl, is actually a self-contained ecosphere
SO how about it my fellow goldfish. What do you think about that?

...............................................................
And if you really think about it, that's the way things are? We're put into our world, our own little goldfish bowl, and we just live. Simply, live. We wake up, and we do what is expected of us, and we live. Of course, occasionally we may do something "unexpected" but if you think about it, how "unexpected" was it? Not much at all! It still all fell within the realm of "expectedness".
Even when the healthiest person you know suddenly gets cancer - touch wood - or your manliest guy friend suddenly goes for a sex-change operation - touch wood -, it still falls within the realm of "expectedness". Do you know what I mean?
Of course, occasionally people DO do things that are COMPLETELY unexpected. But then, they always get locked up. Thrown away, or executed. They are completely isolated and dissasociated from the rest of the goldfish bowl.
The only difference between our goldfish bowl and a "real" goldfish bowl is that there's probably no one staring at us all day, and throwing "food" in just to watch us fight each other to get at the morsels for their own sick amusement. Unless, of course, you are religious, in which case, there's always God.
Me, I'm a Nature Spiritualist. SO I believe that the goldfish bowl, is actually a self-contained ecosphere
SO how about it my fellow goldfish. What do you think about that?

Blubb-blub-bubblub which is Goldfish for
Peace Out


