Went CNY shopping earlier today and didn't really find things to my liking (besides 2 shirts from Philosophy and a pair of jeans from Zara...OMG LOVE THAT JEANS!!!) but anyway I decided to be a little artsy fartsy this year and come up with my own CNY shirt. So it was about RM60 for all the fabric paints and then another RM39.90 for a plain Zara shirt. EXPENSIVE!!! I know. But I guess once you got the paints I can always just try on other shirts next time. Anyway this is not what you're here for (most of you come to see the pics right?) So I won't keep you waiting lah. Check it out : -
First you must clean the plain shirt, remove all those dusts and lint hanging on it cuz otherwise they might mess up your painting.
Step two, very slowly draw your outline. Its okay if you want to take a rest in between but I suggest finishing one part before doing so. That is. I finished the flower before taking a five minute rest and starting on the butterfly, and hten finishing each part of its body (i.e wings, legs etc.) wiith rests in between. It actually helps to keep ure outline steadier and more defined.
Next add in the little details. Such as the patterns in the butterfly wing. Note, let the outline dry completely before proceeding or you could smear your work and waste a perfectly good shirt.
Finally you can begin to add in the colours. Note how I pre-colored a miniature version of the design ( top left of the picture ) to help me remember my colour scheme? Its also okay to wing it...but I'm very bad at matching stuff on the stop.
Again try to have a system while doing this. Such as, one part of the painting at a time. Some people think its good if you paint all of one colour, example painting all the greens first before painting the reds and orange, but I personally find that this makes it mor difficult to manuever your painting, especialy since you will have patches of wet green paint all over the shirt.
Try a system - right to left for me since I'm a left handed - but if you're nervous you can always let teh parts dry up before going on to another (I'm actually very impatient so I went ahead anyway.) And here's a closeup of the finished butterfly
Not too bad eh? And quite a good pasttime as well if you're into killing time or something (took me four to five hours to complete the entire thing)
PEACE OUT
PEACE OUT


