Butterfly Fairy
Hey ya'll
Its good to be back!!! And by back I mean healthy again after being sick for the longest time (Jan 1st - Jan 10th). Anyway I still think if the doc had just given me the antibiotics the first time round I would have gotten better a lot quicker but oh well, no more pain means I'm no longer complaining!
Anyway, for the longest time ever I've always wanted to try painting fairies wings with markings similar to that of REAL butterflies, that is to say with the same colours and patterns of butterflies that we see in our world. But have you ever seen the wings of real butterlies O__O!!! Not the easiest thing the paint what with the veins and the patterns and the colours and all that. But anyway I gave it a shot today, that is I decided to draw a random fairy character and giving him real butterfly wings.
The hardest part was deciding which wings to give him but anyway I settled for the wings of this butterfly: The Queen Alexandra's Birdwing.

Since it was a tropical butterlfy I just randomly came up with a forest-like quality for this fairy and made him a druid. but check it out.
Hey ya'll
Its good to be back!!! And by back I mean healthy again after being sick for the longest time (Jan 1st - Jan 10th). Anyway I still think if the doc had just given me the antibiotics the first time round I would have gotten better a lot quicker but oh well, no more pain means I'm no longer complaining!
Anyway, for the longest time ever I've always wanted to try painting fairies wings with markings similar to that of REAL butterflies, that is to say with the same colours and patterns of butterflies that we see in our world. But have you ever seen the wings of real butterlies O__O!!! Not the easiest thing the paint what with the veins and the patterns and the colours and all that. But anyway I gave it a shot today, that is I decided to draw a random fairy character and giving him real butterfly wings.
The hardest part was deciding which wings to give him but anyway I settled for the wings of this butterfly: The Queen Alexandra's Birdwing.

Since it was a tropical butterlfy I just randomly came up with a forest-like quality for this fairy and made him a druid. but check it out.

Not bad for a first try no?
PEACE OUT


