Yes, after months of searching I finally found a nice looking cage for Tweety and Polly. White and dome-shaped which looks so much better than the black-metal box-shaped cage theyy used to live in. As expected the moving them was a little difficult. Tweety actually seemed quite interested in moving to his new house (after all its much bigger and has more creature comforts than the old one) but poor Polly being the timid one kept holding him back. Eventually, I had to do what every beginner bird-keeper would be afraid of doing. I got some advice and it told me to simply "grab the bird" and put them in their new cage for the night. Naturally my training with Tweety was on my mind...would this disrupt that bond of trust we've been rebuilding these past few weeks?
I turned down the lights to get them calm. It was already in the evening so they were really quite relaxed and I moved in. Suprisingly Polly did not give me much problem. I grabbed her from the back (the way one is supposed to with her body secured firmly in my palm and her head between my middle and index fingers) and placed her in the cage. And then it was Tweety's turn to act up. Now that he was out of his old home and not yet in his new home, I suppose he got it into his head that he was allowed to do a little exploring. Normall I wouldn't mind so much but I had not birdproofed my room yet (lots of potential health hazards lying around) so I grabbed him and put him in as well.
Today is the second day they've moved to their new home and they both seem to like it very much. Tweety is very much enjoying the height, flying all the way to the top and then sliding down the bars for excercise. Polly, being the shy one, took a little longer to get used to it. I even had to remove the new swing (which was a lot nicer and classier looking) and replace it with her old one for a sense of familliarity which she greatly appreciated. Anyway here's a picture of them all settled in



