How fitting, that on Valentine's Day...
It would be me and not any other working the entire day shift. Fitting, simply because, after an intense moment in the shop not one hour ago, I discovered the gruesome revelation that I'm the only employee who is still stuck in the
And don't get me wrong, really, it wasn't as though the shift was forced on to me or anything like that. Then again, don't get the impression that I volunteered myself either. No, in fact it was all entirely a coincidence, that my shift should happen to fall on Valentine's day. Well, I suppose it can only seem that fate has yet again conspired that I should not even be allowed to spend Valentine's Day loving myself for lack of someone else to love.
Misery loves company they say, so maybe this year some repressed goth wannabee will stroll into the shop and perhaps I could get lucky. But I'm not hoping.
Also, there is no cure for misery. It is literally like having a mental toothache. Even after you've got it "fixed", some sick repressed part of your mind will keep reminding you it's there.
Even when the PAIN is gone, you will find that you still (invariably) steel yourself for the mind numbing PAIN that will follow when you take a lick from your favourite cookies and cream Cornetto.
Even when you find no PAIN as the cold, creamy, chunky goodness grazes the side of your once afflicted teeth do you still flinch involuntarily.
The actual PAIN may be gone, but it will always still linger, as a threat.
And the reason why it's always sooo bad, a toothache hurts on the inside, someplace almost unreal, unreachable.
That's a toothache...but also misery.

PEACE OUT
It would be me and not any other working the entire day shift. Fitting, simply because, after an intense moment in the shop not one hour ago, I discovered the gruesome revelation that I'm the only employee who is still stuck in the
And don't get me wrong, really, it wasn't as though the shift was forced on to me or anything like that. Then again, don't get the impression that I volunteered myself either. No, in fact it was all entirely a coincidence, that my shift should happen to fall on Valentine's day. Well, I suppose it can only seem that fate has yet again conspired that I should not even be allowed to spend Valentine's Day loving myself for lack of someone else to love.
Misery loves company they say, so maybe this year some repressed goth wannabee will stroll into the shop and perhaps I could get lucky. But I'm not hoping.
Also, there is no cure for misery. It is literally like having a mental toothache. Even after you've got it "fixed", some sick repressed part of your mind will keep reminding you it's there.
Even when the PAIN is gone, you will find that you still (invariably) steel yourself for the mind numbing PAIN that will follow when you take a lick from your favourite cookies and cream Cornetto.
Even when you find no PAIN as the cold, creamy, chunky goodness grazes the side of your once afflicted teeth do you still flinch involuntarily.
The actual PAIN may be gone, but it will always still linger, as a threat.
And the reason why it's always sooo bad, a toothache hurts on the inside, someplace almost unreal, unreachable.
That's a toothache...but also misery.

PEACE OUT


